Saks Fifth Avenue Unveils New York’s New Beauty Destination
There’s a new beauty mecca in town, and it’s literally on a whole new level. On the second floor at Saks Fifth Avenue in the heart of the city, the 32,000-square-foot new beauty emporium is a one-stop destination for makeup, skincare, fragrances, and wellness, providing luxury-seeking customers an unparalleled experience. When I say options galore, I mean it!
The brands were carefully curated to feature the right balance of everything from custom-blendable fragrance brands to luxury makeup lines for the face, plus body treatments and nail and brow bars to boot! It’s a serious beauty hub, so prepare yourself to spend anywhere between two to five hours, easily. And if you get tired and hungry in between, there’s also the newly renovated restaurant, which will be opening soon.
But back to the beauty level: some highlights are featured below, but we highly recommend exploring every aisle to discover unexpected offerings. Here are some brands that offer body treatments, facials and skin care, and makeup tutorials, as well as demi-bespoke fragrances. The list is somewhat endless.
- Brow services by Blink Brow Bar London
- Flower and fragrance shop from EB Florals
- Natural face-lifting by FaceGym
- Martine de Richeville’s slimming body massage
- Laser hair removal, CoolSculpting, and more by Skinney MedSpa
- Organic manicures and meditation from Sundays
- Custom fragrance blending by Guerlain and exclusive fragrances from Bond No. 9, By Kilian, and Ex Nihilo
- Dedicated La Mer spa room featuring Saks-exclusive body service
- Chanel, at the crown of the floor, is offering facials in its Hotel Ritz Paris-replicated spa treatment room.
- Dior gives facials too at its branded cabin spa room modeled after
the Dior Institut at the Plaza Athénée in Paris. It features multiple workstations with breakthrough L.E.D. technology, which allows control of six different lighting scenarios, and a custom lip bar.
- Givenchy is offering personalized lipstick cases.
- The Tom Ford shop features first-of-its-kind virtual lip try-on mirrors and MemoMi mirrors to record makeup tutorials that will be sent to you.
- Lancôme boasts a custom foundation-mixing station.
The list goes on, including dedicated makeup suites from Giorgio Armani, Yves Saint Laurent counters, and every beauty and skincare brand you can think of. As if that’s not enough, there’s an 850-square-foot event space where beauty brands can host intimate events, including one-on-one makeup instruction and master classes. Get ready to say, “mirror, mirror on the wall”: there are lots of them.